Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 87


About ten years ago I friend and I drove down to the little Islip beach to eat lunch....it was the last week of the school year...my daughter was still in her elementary school class that day...but on the beach that day, in this gazebo, a small wedding was taking place. Two kids that looked like high school students, a few family members and friends, and some sort of justice. And a very small wedding in the beach gazebo.

I think of them almost every time I'm down I'm at that beach. Did they make the marriage work? They were So Young. I wonder how they are now.


5 comments:

Kitty said...

that's nice. Love the glow of light that you caught.

well, you never know about those young marriages. Hopefully they're still together and happy!

dianasfaria.com said...

this is so idyllic. it seems to me that if one got married here, it would be destined to work out.

luvmyboys said...

It looks like a beautiful place to start a life together. Who knows? Hopefully, it worked out.

Iris said...

Sweet memory - great place.

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Now this is a place I've love to spend my days.