Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 63


Once or twice a year, Islip offers free rabies shots to dogs and cats. I sat down there for a while this morning, watching, chatting with Pooper Scooper Lady...and picking out my favorite dog. My own Caleb has something wrong with him right now...we spent most of the afternoon at the emergency clinic today, with no resolution. For now, he's just laying by his food bowl in the kitchen, watching disinterestedly as the cats keep stopping by for bites of his food. He's a pretty sad guy tonight...so in honor of Caleb, I offer up today's photo - the most noble and courageous dog of the morning...I can just hear him thinking, "I'm not afraid of no stinking needles! Lemme at'em! Lemme at those needles!"

5 comments:

luvmyboys said...

Islipian,

I hope your dog feels better soon and that they find out what's going on with him.

It's so frustrating when animals are sick because they can't just come out and tell us what's wrong with them. :-(

Alida Thorpe said...

So sorry about your Caleb.
Hope he feels better soon.

Jilly said...

Lovely shot. Hope your Caleb picks up soon. Dogs, when they are sick, are really sick but when they pick up it can be so quick. I hope it is for Caleb.

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Oh yeah, he is raring to go. He probably thinks he's going to get a treat...what a surprise he's in for! Nice of them to offer that. The humane society here was offering that and free or low cost spaying/neutering. My vet told me they aren't doing it now because the grant to pay for it ran out. So it looks like I'm going to have to spend over $600 to get all 4 cats fixed. All I can say is I hope people want a lot of their kitten calendars for Christmas...or it ain't gettin' done. LOL

dianasfaria.com said...

Bettye prayers and thoughts sent Caleb's way. Hopefully it is just a quickly passing bug.
I think you have that dog in your photo pegged!